Power up your energy savings
We've partnered with Nest to help you create a more thoughtful home.
Now it's even easier for you to manage your energy.
When you switch to an eligible First Utility plan you can get the Nest Learning Thermostat™, plus installation, for free.
The Nest Learning Thermostat learns the temperature that you like, then programs itself. It even turns itself down when you're away. So you save energy and stay comfortable.
The 3rd-generation Nest Learning Thermostat
A thinner, sleeker design. A bigger, sharper display. And hot water control. The Nest Thermostat gets to know the temperature that you like while you're at home and turns itself down when you're away. So it saves energy. That's the most beautiful part.
How does it work?
Control it remotely
Change the temperature from anywhere using your mobile, tablet or laptop.
Will the Nest Learning Thermostat work with my heating system?
The Nest Learning Thermostat is compatible with most central heating systems. If you'd like to double check your home's compatibility, just use this tool and you'll know in a few moments.
Ready for a more thoughtful home?
- Sign up to an eligible First Utility plan today.
- Within 7 days of switching to First Utility, we'll send you an email inviting you to claim your Nest Thermostat.
- After another 7 days we'll tell you how to book your thermostat's installation.
- You'll receive your Nest Thermostat.
- Finally, a professional engineer will install it for you.
Frequently asked questions
- Combi boilers
- System and heat-only boilers
- Domestic hot water tanks
- Hydronic underfloor systems
- Air-source and ground-source heat pumps (heating only)
- Zoned systems (one Nest Thermostat per zone)
- Heating systems with OpenTherm technology
- A 3rd-Generation Nest Learning Thermostat (Stainless Steel)
- Free professional installation via First Utility Home Services
- Nest Seasonal Savings
- a dual fuel supply from First Utility;
- a 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi with broadband internet;
- an active email address;
- a smartphone or tablet with iOS 9.0 or higher, Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) or higher;
- a power socket with 100–240 V.