What is a fixed price tariff?
With a fixed price tariff, you can protect your prices for a set period of time - giving you one less thing to worry about. The longer you fix, the longer you have peace of mind. Switch to a fixed priced tariff.
What’s the difference between a fixed price and a fixed Direct Debit?
On a fixed price tariff:
- the standing charge and unit rates for your energy are fixed until the end of the tariff’s fixed period so the price you pay for each unit of energy doesn’t change
- However your monthly payments may not stay the same.
This is because your monthly payment is a combination of the price per unit of energy and the total amount of energy you’re actually using.
On a fixed Direct Debit:
- We’ve estimated your annual usage
- We’ve broken this into fixed payments that you make every month
- We review these payments every six months, to make sure you’re not paying too much or too little.
This is your monthly payment and it’s based on the information you gave us when you first signed up.