What are the changes to the
Feed in Tariff scheme and how does this affect me?
The FITs scheme has now changed in line with new regulations.
If the following applies to
you you'll be guaranteed a standard rate*:
- Your panels were fitted before 15 January 2016
- Your MCS certificate was commissioned to your property before 15 January 2016
- Your Generator Agreement form was received at our Warwick office between 15 January and 31 March 2016
- You have an Energy Performance certificate of grade D or above.
Please note: If we received your documents after 15 January 2016, they won’t be processed until 8 February 2016, so you’ll receive a start date of 8 February 2016. To make sure
*For information on the current tariff rates for the Feed In Tariff scheme please visit Ofgem’s website. These rates were changed from 15 January 2016.
If the following applies to you your tariff rate will be capped:
- Your panels were fitted from 15 January 2016
- Your MCS certificate was commissioned to your property on or after 15 January 2016
- You have an Energy Performance certificate of grade D or above. Your Energy Performance will need to be done before your solar panels are installed.
If we receive your documents between 8 February 2016 and 31 March 2016, your start date onto the scheme will be the date that we receive your documents.
Please note: If you have an extension, your tariff rate will be different to the rate for your original solar panels. To make sure
You can scan and email your Generator Agreement form with your MCS certificate and any supporting documents or pop them in the post.
Postal address: First Utility, Columbus House, Westwood Way, Westwood Business Park, Coventry CV4 8HS.