Information iconHelp for Usio customers. More info

How can we help?

The Feed in Tariff scheme

Are you a homeowner? If so you could produce your own energy from renewable sources such as solar power, wind turbines and hydropower as part of our Feed-in Tariff (FIT) scheme. This is a government initiative that seeks to encourage the generation of cleaner, sustainable energy.

What are the benefits?

When you join the scheme, you’ll be paid for each kilowatt of energy that has been generated. Electricity that has been produced will power your home where you have access to use it. This will help reduce your electricity bill. Any unused electricity will be fed back into the national grid and the FIT scheme will pay you for it.

Don’t worry if you’re already registered for the FIT scheme with another supplier, you don’t need to transfer your existing scheme to us. You can fill out our form here if you do want to transfer. For more information on the rates of our Feed in Tariff, please visit Ofgem’s website.

What else do I need to register?

To apply, you’ll need to have a generation meter fitted and use a MCS (Micro-generation Certification Scheme) accredited installer. If you do then you just need to send us the following:

  • Generation Application Form
  • Declarations
  • Proof of ownership
  • MCS certificate
  • Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) for solar voltaic panels

You can find more information about this on the MCS website.

If you’re installing solar panels, we’d advise getting an EPC. For more information about how to get this, click here. Customers who don’t register with an EPC, will receive the lower tariff rate*.

How do I register for the FIT scheme?

If you’d like to start getting paid to make your own energy and to sell some of it back to the electricity grid, find out how to register here.

Important: The FIT scheme has now changed to be in line with new regulations. Click here for more information.

What is the FIT rate?

This depends on the technology, its size and the date that it was installed. For more clarification please refer to the Ofgem website. Remember that the tariff will be fixed for a given number of years once the micro-generation is registered.

For more information please email

What happens next?

Installing Solar PV and how it works.

*EPC needs to have been issued prior to the commissioning date of the system and be level D or above to obtain the higher tariff rate.

Did this answer your question?