Changing my tariff
- Choose the tariff you want by clicking on ‘view details’.
- When you’ve read the terms and conditions, click ‘upgrade now’. Or, if your tariff is going to expire within 49 days you can also choose to ‘upgrade later’. This will change your tariff when your current one comes to the end of its fixed term.
- Your tariff will be changed automatically, which you’ll see in the ‘Overview’ of your online account.
In the ‘Tariffs’ section you’ll find our available tariffs and your Personal Projection for each. This way you won’t have to do a quote - we’ve done it for you. Your quote will be as accurate as possible as it’ll be based on the meter information we have for you.
Watch our video for advice on how to choose the right tariff for you:
A few things to note:
- If you’re already on a fixed tariff, we’ll let you know when your tariff is coming to an end, so you can choose the next one.
- If you don’t move on to another fixed tariff when your contract ends, you will default onto our fully flexible tariff.
- If you change your tariff before the end of your fixed term, you will be charged an exit fee.
- If you’ve changed your tariff by mistake, don’t worry, you have 14 days to change your mind. Get in touch with us and we’ll cancel the request for you.
We offer a range of great value tariffs, whether you prefer to fix your energy prices for a short period of time, or for a few years, or not at all - we have what you need. To find out more and to change your tariff, click here.
Why are you telling me that I could save money by switching to the tariff I’m currently on?
When we check to see if you could be paying less we consider two options. The first assumes that you keep similar preferences to the ones you have now, the second tells you what the cheapest option is regardless of your preferences. Click here for more information.