Support for vulnerable customers
We offer services to customers that find themselves in vulnerable situations to extend support to them and their household based on their particular circumstances.
We keep a confidential register, called our Priority Services Register (PSR) which is optional to join,
The energy industry allows you to join our PSR if you:
- are of a pensionable age
- have a disability, impairment, or are chronically sick. This is particularly important where you are using mains-operated medical equipment to maintain your well-being, and you require advance warning of an interruption in your electricity supply.
- rely on electrically powered, medical and or mobility equipment
- have a child or young children aged 5 or under
Services we offer
Even if you’d rather not be on our Priority Services Register, you may be eligible for one or more of the following additional services:
- Appointing a third party to receive bills and communications
- Free gas safety check
- Password or sign for our engineers to use when visiting the home
- Pedestrian meter read if neither you, or anyone else, can read the meter
- Moving a Prepayment Meter to enable you to access it safely
- Specialist bill format if you or anyone in the household is visually or hearing impaired - This includes Braille, large print or audio tape
You can find more information about the services we offer in our policy, Helping our vulnerable customers.