The Switch Guarantee
We are founding members of the Energy Switch Guarantee, which is designed to reassure people that switching energy provider is simple, swift and safe.
What is the Switch Guarantee?
The Switch Guarantee is a national scheme that aims to make switching safer, quicker and easier. It promises that:
- You won’t be cut off;
- No-one needs to come to your home;
- The switch will be taken care of by us;
- Switching will take 21 days or less, and;
- Your new and current providers will work together to make sure you’re not charged twice for the same energy.
- You’ll receive any refunds owed by your previous supplier within 14 days of your final bill;
The 21 day time frame starts when we receive your completed application. This will need to include all the information we need to take on your supply.
Where can I find out more about the Switch Guarantee?
For more information, visit www.energyswitchguarantee.com.
Are there situations where the Switch Guarantee doesn’t apply?
Yes, there are certain situations, for example:
- When we need further information from you to complete your application.
- When we need a security deposit from you to complete your application.
- When you request a switching date beyond 21 days.
- When your previous supplier objects to your request to switch supplier.
In a small number of cases it may take longer than 21 days to switch. This is usually due to your previous supplier not keeping their records up to date. In these cases we will do everything we can to fix the problem.