There's a problem with my gas supply
Do you smell gas or are you concerned about your gas safety?
- Call National Grid immediately on 0800 111 999 (free of charge and open 24 hours)
- Ventilate your property by opening all doors and windows
- Don’t use any electrical equipment
withinyour property (including light switches/mobile phones)
- Don’t have any naked flames
- Turn off the gas using the emergency control valve by your meter (it’s normally turned off when the handle is at a right angle to the pipe).
There’s a problem with my electricity supply
The first thing you need to do is to check your fuse box. If any of the fuses have tripped:
- Turn off your appliances
- Reset the switch
If your fuse hasn't tripped and your
If you're on the Priority Services Register, use the phone number that was given to you when you joined the scheme, as this will ensure your property is
Remember: Cordless phones won't work in a power cut, so you'll need to use a landline or mobile phone to make the call.
There are no problems on the wider network, what do I do now?
If the Distribution Network Operator has told you that there’s no problem with the wider network:
- Get in touch with us on 01926 320 700 and we'll investigate for you.
- If a problem is identified which requires our attention, we'll let you know the next steps to get you back on supply with us. This may require an emergency visit to your home.
If you’ve had a meter installed within the last 10 days and your
- Get in touch with us so we can look into it
- We’ll inform our service partner, who’ll investigate the matter further.
Emergency number for
NEDL Region: 0800 668 877
YEDL Region: 0800 375 675
Eastern Region: 0800 056 8090
Western Region: 0800 328 1111
Electricity North West: 0800 195 4141
SP Energy Networks
Scotland: 0800 092 9290
England & Wales: 0800 001 5400
SSE Power Distribution
SEPD: 0800 072 7282
SHEPD: 0800 300 999
UK Power Networks
London: 0800 028 0247
East: 0800 783 8838
South East: 0800 783 8866
Western Power Distribution
Midlands East: 0800 056 8090
Midlands West: 0800 328 1111
South Wales: 0800 052 0400
South West: 0800 365 900