First Utility Price Promise
Cheaper than the "Big Six" standard tariffs*. Guaranteed.
The rising cost of energy is something that affects us all. Here at First Utility want to do something to help. We want to drive
your energy costs down and help you keep them down. That’s why we’ve developed the First Utility Price Promise.
The First Utility Price Promise means we'll guarantee your prices will be cheaper than all of the "Big Six" standard tariffs*
giving you that extra peace of mind.
We will constantly compare our prices to the following competitor tariffs to ensure we offer you the lowest price possible:
- British Gas - Clear and Simple
- E-ON - Energy Plan
- Standard - Scottish Power
- Standard no standing charge - npower
- Standard (Variable) - EDF
- Standard Energy - SSE
* The price promise relates to the following competitor tariffs (or any replacement tariffs as that company's Standard Tariff): British Gas - Clear and Simple, E-ON - Energy Plan, Scottish Power - Standard, npower - Standard no standing charge, EDF - Standard (Variable), SSE - Standard Energy in each case as offered directly by the relevant company with a Direct Debit payment method and paperless billing.
On a weekly basis we will compare the prices of this tariff against those listed above. The calculation will be based on average usage of 3,300kWh of electricity and 16,500kWh of gas on a national basis. If the cheapest average bill value based on average usage on a national basis of any of these tariffs falls below ours, then we will reduce our tariff to be lower than that average bill value within 60 days of your next Billing Cycle. These tariff comparisons will be listed on our website. National means “The Non-Exclusive Appointed Area” that shall mean any geographical area in mainland Great Britain.