Bills and Payments
- What is the dual fuel discount?
- Can I apply for the Warm Home Discount Scheme?
- How is the dual fuel discount calculated?
- What is back-billing?
- What is the Government electricity rebate?
Understanding your bill
- Can you help me to understand my energy bill?
- I think my bill’s wrong, how do I check if it is?
- What information is available on my bill?
- How do you estimate my electricity usage?
- How do you estimate my gas usage?
- How have we calculated a Personal Projection for a customer whose fixed term contract is coming to an end?
- I'm on a fixed rate tariff – can I still change tariff?
- I’ve just joined First Utility - how have you calculated my Personal Projection?
- I’ve just moved house - how have you calculated my Personal Projection?
- My billing email refers to 'the industry' and 'industry data.' What does this mean?
- What is a Personal Projection?
- What is a standing charge?
- What is the Tariff Comparison Rate (TCR)?
- Where do I find my TCR?
- Why are you telling me that I could be on a cheaper tariff?
- Why are you telling me that I could save money by switching to the tariff I’m currently on?
- Why haven’t you automatically put me on your cheapest tariff?
- Why is my Personal Projection different to my Direct Debit amounts?
- Why is my Personal Projection different to the amount I’ve been billed?
- How do I change from a fixed to a variable Direct Debit?
- How do you calculate my monthly fixed Direct Debit amount?
- Can my monthly payment amount be increased after reassessment even if the account is currently in credit?
- Do I have to pay by Direct Debit?
- How can I have more control over my energy spending?
- How long is the fixed Direct Debit monthly payment amount fixed for?
- How often do you reassess my fixed Direct Debit monthly payment amount?
- I can’t afford my new monthly payment amount. Can it be reduced?
- I expected my fixed Direct Debit payment to be lower than what I was paying at my previous supplier. Why is it higher?
- I switched to First Utility based on a quote from either a switching site or your website. Why is my monthly payment amount now much higher than originally quoted?
- I’m a new customer – how do you know what my energy usage is going to be?
- My account shows that I’m in credit. Why are you asking for a payment?
- My Direct Debit is fixed. But surely I’ll be using less energy in the summer months?
- What happens if I cancel my Direct Debit?
- What information do you use to re-assess my monthly payment?
- What’s the difference between fixed price and fixed Direct Debit?
- When my account is in credit, can I have any money back?
- Why are you taking my payment before supplying me with both gas and electricity?
- Why has my fixed Direct Debit monthly payment amount changed?
- Why has my monthly payment increased?
- Why have you changed my monthly payment amount?
- Why have you set up my fixed Direct Debit so high? I’m a low user and it seems far too high.
- Why haven’t I received any communications from First Utility about my Direct Debit dates and payments?
- Why haven’t you collected my Direct Debit?
- Why is my Direct Debit payment date different to the one I asked for on the switching site application?
Ways to pay
- What is my annual summary?
- How will I receive my annual summary?
- When will I receive my annual summary?